Have you ever heard of the saying that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?"
Do you agree with this? Although you might not acknowledge it, you might not be aware that you're already neglecting maintaining your shutter. This is most especially the case when you own a warehouse, factory, and other busy establishments.
Although 'forgetting things' is normal, maintaining shutters should not be an option but a requirement. Here's why:
Reasons For Maintaining Shutters
- Shutters Are Prone in Wear and Tear - Because of frequent use, shutter cables and joints may accumulate rust and other dust forms. Sooner or later, it may affect the performance of your shutter and would start malfunctioning. If not treated properly, it may soon be worn out, and you need to pay the price.
- Legal Requirement - All establishments with shutters should comply with the law as per Workplace Regulation 1992 Maintenance of Equipment, Devices, and Systems. It is your duty to ensure the safety of your employees and their workplace. But a broken shutter could only impose risks such as getting locked out of the building or, worse, getting shut down on the top of someone.
- Keep Safe from Burglars or Thieves - Burglars know what they are doing, and simply observing an unmaintained shutter is most likely a go-signal for them. It could even be stuck open in some cases, creating a path for more looters to enter your premises and endanger your products in the process.
- Avoid Expensive Repairs - damages in shutters could cost you a lot of money than asking for an affordable maintenance service. You have to pay not only for the service but also for the replacement of individual parts that were damaged. It may also take time before contractors can fully attend to your repair needs.
- Protect from Natural Disasters - shutters can act as the first line of defense against natural disasters like storms, hurricanes, winds, or even flying debris or volcanic ashes. But if not properly maintained, it may not serve well for this purpose.
Would you wait for these events to occur? These are the last things we wanted to happen for our shutters - to malfunction by the time we need security and safety the most.
Repairs and other sorts of shutter problems could be prevented only if it is regularly maintained. This is why Shutter Repair London offers shutter maintenance service for your newly-installed and unsustained shutters any time of the day.
And we know how busy you could be, which is why we'll do the maintenance schedule for you through a simple heads up about the regular maintenance service for your shutter.
If there's anything you'd like to know, install, repair, or maintain, do call our 24/7 Emergency Shutter Repair Service in London!